Thursday, December 1, 2011

Reverb #11 (Day 1: Fresh)

This year the folks that brought you Reverb are no longer doing it on their own. They have asked bloggers to continue the tradition by doing their own Reverb.

Here's some examples of other Reverbs. It started today, December 1 and will go every day in December.

http://aimeepalooza.blogspot.com/2011/12/reverb-11.html
http://www.ultratrailgoddess.com/2011/11/reverb-11-is-on.html
http://www.rebelhomeschool.com/2011/12/reverb-11-day-one-turning-point.html

Some days you might have your own thoughts to add or your own response to the Reverb. I'd love to hear from you. And...we're off:

Reverb 11: Day 1, Fresh

In 2011 what was it in your life that seemed fresh and new? Was it picking up an old hobby or talent? Maybe it was taking a class in a topic that interested you. Perhaps a new job, or a new family member born to your family. For me I started cross country skiing again in 2011. As many of you in New England remember we had quite the winter.

There were weeks and weeks on end where my work closed down 1 day that week due to snow. I made the most of it. I had a simple New Year's Resolution for 2012: to ski. My parents made this goal possible. They got me new skis for Christmas and new boots for my birthday. I fell in love with skiing at Broadmoor in South Natick, MA. The combination of woods, fields, and quiet trails were wonderful.

In 2011 my goal was also to get back to my 2008 weight. This took 9 months of hard work but I was able to do it (and yes, there's an app for that--that's what worked for me). I'd like to think that my FRESH approach to a New Year's resolution is what helped. I picked up an old sport--something I had not done in years.

What was FRESH in your 2011? I'd love to hear from you.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to my blog! I'm very much looking forward to following your Reverb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, T.L. It's wonderful meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reverb! I plan on getting back to the slopes this year. I cannot wait. It is one of my favorite winter things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee: enjoy! It makes winter so much more enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you! Thanks for stopping by my blog and thanks for this great post. This is a good reminder to take a fresh approach to things. I have many goals for 2012 that I've carried with me year after year and have failed to accomplish. I need to figure out what I'm doing wrong and take a fresh approach.

    writeousbabe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful year end exercise, Javacia--I agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is marvelous! Thanks for sending me your link! I love your prompt for today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm...yes, love fresh! Congratulations on achieving your ideal weight. I look forward to getting to know you through reverb11!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much, mujerzen! I'm looking forward to getting to know the other Reverb-ers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on getting back to your 2008 weight! I've been on this journey for about 2 years myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never gone skiing, but it does look like fun.
    Thanks for visiting my blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Kim! You're welcome, kaleidoscopicchameleon!

    ReplyDelete