Thursday, December 29, 2011

Getting ready for NYE

Today I'm posting the link to Goop's newsletter. It's an awesome one. Today's newsletter topic is hangover prevention strategies and cures. Brought to you by no one other than the fabulous Gweneth Paltrow.

There's various supplements you can try. If your New Year's celebration is anything like mine this will be helpful. Now, I'm not the type of gal that goes clubbing or bar-hopping but to me NYE is the reward for working hard all year. We always sleep over a friend's house and it's a potluck appetizer and dessert extravaganza. There will be that buffalo chicken dip and wings. There will be ribs. There will be various desserts (whoopie pies, hopefully).

It's strange. Despite the fact that I travel for work and all of that I typically am only hungover 1x/year (New Year's Day). Perhaps it is because I stay hydrated? I don't actually take aspirin or other pain relievers (I only have one liver and two kidneys and well, Advil harms your kidneys and Tylenol harms your liver (when drinking heavily while taking the pills). So I'm not sure what it is. Whatever it is, I'm grateful. I also eat a lot when we have a dinner party or attend a party, so it could be that.

Either way, take care this New Years. And sleep over a friend's instead of driving. The mayor of Boston issued a warning that he's making sure the cops arrest anyone caught drinking and driving this year. If there were snow I would also suggest rolling in the snow after a hot tub soak. That's tradition in Scandinavia and also in the Hilltowns of Western MA in my personal experience. It's good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment