Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Summary of the Reverb10 Excercise

Although I did not participate in every single Reverb10 post I really enjoyed the process. I was e-mailed a Reverb each day and many of them I actually posted on.

Here's two of them:

Dec 22
Prompt: Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?

During 2010 there was some stand-out travel. We went on a budget-friendly vacation and camped in Canada for 10 days (ok, one night at an Inn when we decided we needed a shower without quarters to feed in). It was our first time going to Canada from the Maine house and it turned out there's a lovely little seaside town (St. Andrews by-the-sea) just 3 hours, 15 minutes away including border crossings. I've never camped on the beach before and that was pretty amazing. Still have red sand from PEI in various hiking boots I think.

  • Work trips: lots of work trips took me back to places I have not been in a while (Philly, NYC). I also got to eat at some pretty fabulous restaurants (shout out to Gordon Ramsey at The London).
  • Florida: well we were hoping to see the shuttle launch and spent 2x what we were planning on after 3 flight changes and extra hotel nights. This trip could have been better (both T and I really could not take a vacation that was 2x longer than planned). Kinda funny to go to Walmart and buy clothes because you find yourself in Florida a few extra days. Highlights of this trip including going to a beach of Tyler's childhood and looking for shark's teeth, going to an old school tiki bar (on a dock where the food is cooked in a truck), and seeing 6 different family members in 1 day (including the grandparents in assisted living). Oh and the Villa for $60/night (thank you Kayak.com) was pretty incredible. :)
  • Next year: back to Iceland! We have not been since 2007. Must go. The pull is too strong to ignore. (it gets into your soul if you've ever been).
  • California in March for work (get to see an old family friend too). LA. :)
We'll see where else we end up. Of course there will be lots of time in Maine with the rental to manage.

Dec 20
Prompt: Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)
--------------------
Photography! Other than my AMAZING Canada trip I really did not take any memorable photos this year and I did not take part in a single photo shoot with my photo club.

I used my distraction and lack of creative juices as an excuse.

Starting with the holiday party on the 30th I'm getting back into the mix.

That along with x-country skiing are my two resolutions for 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment