Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The KISS Method

There's some good ideas in this post regarding keeping things simple.

They are:

"Know your values and make good decisions based off them."

For me, it's balance. I really take pride in not letting my day job take over my life. I've been at jobs before where you are at the office until 9:30 at night and you can't go to the gym, out with friends, spend time with your spouse etc. Never again!

"Make space by decluttering"

So true. Yesterday I finally cleaned up some piles in my office and put them in bins. These piles have been there since I started in April 2010. They belonged to the guy that had the office before me. I even labeled the bins. Now I'm happy to spend time in my office.

"Find a mentor"

I have been a mentor at the Center for Women's Leadership at Babson for a while now. I love it and I'm so proud of my mentee (she's graduating this year!) It's really an amazing opportunity and I'm excited to be a part of the program.  

"Sit in silence. Ponder quietly. Just be with yourself"

Great advice. I often encounter folks that complain of how bored they are at home. I've never been bored at home and I'm looking forward to a day off from work tomorrow just to enjoy being snowed in! For anyone that has ever said "I'm bored!" pick up a book, a craft, a new recipe. Give yourself a fun project. Or not. Just sit there and stare out the window (not at your neighbors). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment