- Sept 13 fly to Frankfurt via KEF, Iceland. Breakfast in Iceland (win!) and lunch in Germany (woo!)
- Sept 14 is when we land in Frankfurt.
- I need a suggestion of a hotel in Frankfurt
- I need to know how to get to the train to Dusseldorf that will take us to Berlin
- We plan on renting a car in Berlin and heading south.
- We already have a hotel booked (and paid for) in Munich for Oktoberfest. So that's 3 days, two nights of 'fest (and you can walk to a castle from our hotel and it has free parking and free SKY TV so...that's cool (TV in English without subtitles).
- I'd really like some suggestions on hiking, breweries to see on the way south to Munich.
Thanks for any help you can provide! For those of you that have been...I'd love to hear from you!
We've rented cars in Europe 4 times before so it's not a big deal to us (only in Scotland where it was a standard and you had to shift with your left hand--yikes).
(photo source, Lonely Planet, click for page)