Friday, March 25, 2011

Pizza, Chicken wrap, Cuban Food

Yesterday I worked at an event at BU so this meant I had to get up in the dark. For those of you that know me well, you know that this was fighting against my internal wiring. I also worked all day without a break and got home and *crashed* bad. I could have just slept on the couch with the remote in my hand but instead I hoisted myself out of the house and to my beloved Centergy class. It was a new routine, so it turned out to be just what I needed--a good sort of pain.

Prior to leaving my husband called me and agreed to purchase 3 things we needed to make this Cuban recipe for dinner. I was psyched. Tyler going to the grocery store during the week (or going to the store at all) never happens in our house. I called him with the recipe needs, left a post it on the counter thanking him, and galloped off to the gym with ice pellets raining down from the sky.

When I left the gym my high hopes were smooshed when I realized it was 7:40 and Tyler was still at work. We texted quickly and realized Cuban was not going to happen. He wanted a chicken wrap (what I had for lunch) and I wanted pizza (what Tyler had for lunch--no way to share whatever I picked up). I realized I had $0 cash and that I needed to go home first before picking up takeout. Yes, I know takeout after the gym sounds backwards. This is what happens when I wake up before the sun. I make bad choices.

Do you have any favorite weeknight recipes that you would like to share? I'm always looking for new ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment