Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Travel

For me the worst part about traveling to California is how I feel when I get home. The first day is okay, I usually time it so I can sleep in (I put a Sunday as my recovery day this time around). I did pretty well yesterday. I wanted to eat at weird times, but overall I did okay. To combat the 'everything hurts' sensation I get after a day of flying I typically go to the gym. I also found it helpful to spend a few hours yesterday at the movies. Oddly enough, that helps the 'where am I?' feeling.

Today is the hardest by far. I'm back in the office. After being out for 3 days it's a little overwhelming. To deal with this I made sure to pack healthy food (Vs lurking at the M&M machine all day). I also am resisting the urge to sleep under my desk. I expect tomorrow I'll start feeling normal again.

Yesterday's movie was 'Adjustment Bureau' the latest Matt Damon movie. We loved it. I especially loved that it was based on a book by Philip K. Dick and that I could see parallels between it and 'Fringe'. Yesterday's book (not e-book) was a last minute airport purchase--'Wishful Drinking' by Carrie Fisher. I liked it in all of it's drug/alcoholic mental illness glory. It was also appropriate after spending a few days in the LA area.

Here's one of my favorite photos from last week. Huntington Beach:

No comments:

Post a Comment