Monday, January 9, 2012

Rediscovering the Joys of Pineapple

I don't eat pineapple that often. I mean real pineapple. Not from a can. From the fruit that is a pain to slice (thank you, Tyler for taking all of the eyes out). Over the weekend we had this smoothie (serves 2):

-Handful of fresh pineapple chunks
-2% Fage Yogurt (couple of scoops)
-2% organic milk (just a splash)
-Two ice cubes
-Blend well and add a handful of wild frozen blueberries (my favorite ones are at Trader Joe's in the freezer section).

Per serving calorie count: 188. Experts say an under 200 calorie snack is idea. Low fat, high protein, high in vitamins and antioxidants.

Today at work I just had a plate of pineapple slices. I don't think I can eat the kind from the can again. By the way, that was a VERY large serving glass, not a small dose.

Do you have a favorite way to eat pineapple and a recipe to share. My favorite drink of all time is a Pineapple Mojito made at this little place in Philly: MIXTO

No comments:

Post a Comment