Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Trip Planning: Spring Travel & Fall Travel

This spring I'm going on a trip with friends to North Carolina. It will be my 3rd time there (beyond the airport). I've spent a lot of time in Lexington NC and also Chapel Hill for work. I no longer travel really all that much for work so it's a treat to plan trips for fun.

I scored tickets on JetBlue for only $11 (used some JetBlue points!). I only keep frequent flyer points on Virgin America and JetBlue as it's hard for me to fly any other airline in the US. Outside of the US I'm pretty unbiased. I love non-USA airlines. I also got a free ticket to use for the fall trip--road trip for 10 days with my hubby in CO and UT. That will be my 3rd trip to CO and my first to UT (beyond the airport of course).

So it's fun at this point to dream about hiking in a tee shirt. It's fun to think about hiking in boots that are not snow boots. There's still several feet of snow at our home in Maine and the ice is still 18-24" thick in town at our friend's lakes. There was an ice fishing derby this past weekend.

I'm curious what trips you folks are planning for 2015? Are you like me and not really doing much work travel? I used to do work travel 3 months in the spring and 3 months in the fall so it was a lot. I was a bit of a road warrior and I do MISS it with all my heart and soul. I'm a bit of a nomad at heart. A nomad with roots. A nomad divided between MA and Maine (happily).

Here's what I'm thinking about today (below photo). Asheville, North Carolina. The mountains. Fresh air that is not recycled through a tired HVAC system. Cool breezes. Wearing my cowboy boots for a night out on the town. And maybe some magic on the trails. Spotting animal tracks or sharing a lovely lunch packed for a hike with friends.




4 comments:

  1. I used to hаve а dreаm to trаvel аll the time аnd eаrn money online. So, my dreаm cаme true. I stаrted eаrning money with trаding аnd I cаn do it from every plаce in the world where this site https://topbrokers.com/forex-brokers-for-usa-traders аvаilаble becаuse it gives me informаtion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to travel and also you need to support your health. As for me, I started to buy different products using buy CBD oil on Reader’s Digest which is a perfect solution. There are a lot of different products allowing to reduce different problems like headache or pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's pretty good that this opportunity came from the my counselor online to a super good master, or rather a psychologist, who helped me solve problems and also improved my mental health.

    ReplyDelete